It is said, “the beauty of a home is the friends who frequent it.” Our office is our daytime home, and our staff and patients are all like family. We hope you’ll take a few moments to read a bit about each of our team members. Whether seasoned or recent, they are all here with one purpose in mind: to provide the very best care possible under the circumstances you present to us.
- Jo Atkinson, Administrative Assistant Since November 2013Jo says she absolutely works with the BEST co-workers. With everyone so knowledgeable, she feels she is always learning. Jo maintains her skills by taking continuing education courses and does a lot of reading, too. She recently joined AADOM and looks forward to attending the AADOM conference in Florida this fall.
- Anna Short, Office Manager Since May 2001Anna says her co-workers make her “laugh and care.” That’s a fairly common thread around here! Anna keeps up her expertise and abilities through continuing education seminars and AADOM information sharing.In her spare time, Anna takes care of her daughter’s dog, Beckham. “He thinks I’m his Mom.”
- Kristan Spaulding, FAADOM- Office Manager Since December 2005 Kristan says that she loves our “Holistic Approach” to treatment. “It is amazing to see the changes we are able to help our patients achieve”. She thrives on any opportunity available to expand her expertise in her field. Kristan received her Fellowship in the American Association of Dental Office Mangers in 2015. In addition to helping our patients and team accomplish their goals, she also trains outside practices to utilize their software to their full potential. In her spare time, Kristan enjoys spending time with her young niece and nephew, and husband Brad.
- Maria Crespo–McKay (we call her Magaly) Since April 2015While she works for us as a dental assistant, Magaly was formally trained as an endodontist in Mexico. She likes the complete, personal and professional attention that Dr Regiani and all the staff give to all the patients. And she likes being able to work with all the latest high–tech equipment in our office.Magaly was born and raised in Saltillo, Mexico. Married for 13 years – and why she ended up in Michigan– they have two kids, Ryan (8) and Maya (6). She enjoys spending time with her family, boating and bicycling, and cooking when she has the time.
- Laurie May, CDA/RDA Since 1985Laurie was one of the early adopters in the world of chair side dental assisting. Before she began working here, Laurie was a student at of OCC in their Dental Assisting program. She is both Certified nationally and Registered through the State of Michigan. These additional qualifications allow Laurie to perform more tasks than an average dental assistant. To maintain her credentials, Laurie takes at least 12 hours of continuing professional education each year.When asked what she likes best about our office, Laurie replied “I like my patients, the people I work with, that Dr Regiani keeps up to date with the most current procedures, and that I get to use my expanded duties of my state licensure.”Laurie and her husband, Kris, have 2 grown kids, Tyler and Calley, dogs named Ollie, Marlowe and a cat named Doofus.
- Stephanie Montague, Dental Assistant & Business Assistant Since 2003When Stephanie started working here in 2003, she was a receptionist. Throughout the years, she has added to her skillset: first by becoming x–ray certified, then by learning OSHA sterilization and chair side assisting. She believes the best part of our office is the outstanding dental care in a fun, fast–paced environment.”I’ve been married for 13 years and have five children, aged 6–9. My husband and I are foster care and adoption advocates. In my spare time, I am into photography and helping out at our church.”
- Mary Schoenherr, CDA/CMT Since 1991Mary – the “great and powerful” (but we never call her that to her face!) – is multi–skilled as a Certified chair side assistant to the doctors and as our in–office dental laboratory technician. As Mary says, “Doing lab work has given me a greater understanding of occlusion, partials and dentures.”Her favorite moments happen frequently: “that look on a patient’s face when they see themselves in the mirror for the first time after we’ve given them a ‘new’ smile.” Like Laurie, Mary takes continuing education courses to maintain her own credentials.Outside of work, Mary loves to travel – even when it’s because of dental classes, and she especially enjoys Northern Michigan in the summertime.
- Beth Boggs, RDH Since May 2005Beth earned her Extended Assoc Degree in Applied Science from OCC in 1992. She belongs to a Periodontal Study Club allowing her to earn 12 additional hours of continuing professional education each year. Beth truly likes our holistic approach, and enjoys teaching patients how their overall health and nutrition can affect their oral health and vice versa.Beth adores her two daughters, Brooke age 15 and Becca, 12. They have a horse named “Shockey”. They enjoy taking care of him, riding him and competing with him.
- Carrie Book, Hygiene Assistant Since June 1988Carrie graduated the Ross Medical-Dental Program in 1988 and came to work as our hygiene assistant. You’ll see her when/if you need a micro exam or x-rays (Carrie is x-ray certified by the State of Michigan). She records perio charting, makes future check-up appointments, sterilizes instruments and runs traffic control when it’s time to get one of the doctors for a patient exam.On a personal note, Carrie has two cats (“Jack Daniels” & “Captain Morgan”). She and her husband have two beautiful grandsons. It should come as no surprise that Carrie enjoys reading about grandchildren and cats.
- Vicki Brejnak, RDH Since July 1982Vicki earned her Applied Science degree from Mott CC in 1982, and came to work for us shortly thereafter. “One thing Dr Regiani believes in strongly is continuing education. We take classes, read journals, and learn everyday from working in our office.””I believe in the high quality care we provide for our patients. We help them reach a higher level of health. And it’s fun working side-by-side with great friends,” says Vicki.She and husband Dennis have been married 30 years. They have 3 grown children, all in college: Courtney, Jake and Shelby. They love to spend time up north.
- Debbie Hoolihan, RDH Since August 1987Debbie says the best part of working here is her patients and co-workers, and enjoys learning new skills. In almost 30 years, Debbie has attended hundreds of hours of continuing education, and brings that knowledge to our office and her patients.In her spare time, Debbie likes to knit and read. She and husband Mike recently moved to a small farm You’ll have to ask her how much spare time she has nowadays!
- Sherry Regiani, SHRM-CP, CHPSE, IAPP Since 1979Yes, the name is the same, and I am Dr Regiani’s wife.My background is clinical. Before we met, I was a dental assistant and a dental hygienist. As time went on and we started a family, someone had to sit down and pay the bills every week. That became my job. Decades of classes, learning and honing management and HR skills have taken me away from clinical to administration. I teach OSHA, HIPAA Omnibus and HR courses to dentists and other health care providers around the country. You might still see me in the office a couple days a week!
- Joseph Regiani, HR/Payroll Since 2011Dr Regiani’s son, Joseph, works in the office, too, paying the staff their earned wages. In his college years, Joe worked in the lab, learning basic skills from Mary. While he had originally planned to become a dentist like his dad, Joe instead went into the building trades. He renovated and sold distressed homes for about five years, before turning his attention to accounting and business management.