David W Regiani DDS, NMD, MIAOMT
Biocompatible dentistry starts where traditional dentistry left off: with continual extensive training in how processes and dental materials affect the human body over the short and long term. I have a strong responsibility to safeguard my patients, my staff and the environment against potentially harmful materials and to improve the quality of life.
When I first began explaining how mercury and fluoride were actually poisons, I was considered an outsider. This was in 1981, and dentistry was lacking solid scientific evidence about how the materials we used affected the rest of the body. After all, a filling is really an implant, and it’s just inches from your brain.
In 1984, I joined 13 other dentists and research PhD’s from the US and Canada to form the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. In the following five years, we helped fund the first solid scientific studies that are now the gold standard for the effects of mercury on brain cells and the physiological impact on other organs of the human body. Over the years, that research branched into the harmful effects of fluoride, nickel and many other substances once considered safe and serviceable. The work continues… And I am proud to have been a pioneer in the field as I continue to be a contributing member to the art and science of dentistry.
- BS: Biology, University of Detroit, 1972;
- DDS: University of Detroit Dental School, 1978
- Las Vegas Institute of Cosmetic Dentistry, 1995
- Alumni, Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Studies, 1997
- lnvisalign® Certified, 2009
- Board Certified Naturopathic Medical Doctor, 2015
- Board Certified in Integrative Medicine & Dentistry, 2015
Over 100 hours annually (or five times the amount required per year); courses include Materials used in Dentistry, Adhesion, Occlusion, Periodontics, Cosmetics, Homeopathy, Ozone Therapy, Sleep Apnea, Nutrition and much more.
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology: Founding Member, Accredited, Fellow, Master and Past President
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine: Founding Member
- Professional Member of dozens of professional associations, nationally and internationally
Across the US and Canada, and available to speak to professional and lay groups on the following topics:
- Dental Materials and Biocompatibility
- Mercury Safe: How to protect the patient, staff and environment
- Oral Galvanism
- TMD/TMJ Bite Imbalances
- Low-level Therapeutic Lasers
- Nutrition and its Relationship to Overall Health